What to expect
- A review of your medical history
- The examination is department specific and may include pain levels, range of motion, strength, cognition, speech, functional tasks, sensory awareness
- You and your therapist determine goals based on your evaluation that will assist you in your recovery as quickly and safely as possible
- Relieving symptoms, stabilizing condition
- Regain maximum movement, function and cognition
- We will determine how often you come in based on physician request, diagnosis, response to treatment, and insurance coverage. Usually this is 2 to 3 times per week.
- You will gain valuable knowledge that will help you take control of your well being, health and physical function.
What to wear
- Loose comfortable clothing
- Good shoes
What you can do
- Follow through with your home program.
- Ask questions.
- Communicate with your therapist about missing appointments.
- Arrive on time.
- Report any changes in condition, pain, or function to your therapist.