Physical Therapists are health care professionals who examine and treat individuals from infants to the elderly, who have health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and function in daily life.
Our physical therapists strive to help you achieve healthy, pain-free movement that maximizes your performance and enjoyment in work, recreation, and athletic activities. We promote your healing process by reducing pain and inflammation, increasing range of motion and strength, as well as improving both body awareness and body mechanics.
All Physical Therapists are graduates of accredited universities and are licensed by the State of Colorado. Current graduates obtain a clinical Doctorate Degree or DPT.
Services offered to decrease pain and improve function include:
Acute Care/ICU in the main hospital
- Assisting patients in early recovery from a hospital stay while still in the hospital
- Trauma/Injury Rehabilitation
- Amputation recovery and prosthetic training
- Sports Injuries
- Elective Surgery
- Neck and Low back pain/injuries
- Joint Pain
- Shoulder, elbow, hip, knee and ankle pain/injuries
- Muscle Weakness
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
Joint Replacement Center
- Hip, knee, and shoulder replacements
- Please see the Joint Replacement Center page for more information
- Stroke (CVA), Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury
- Others including MS, ALS
- Pelvic pain, coccyx (tailbone) pain, incontinence, bowel and associated pelvic health problems, pain during pregnancy, pelvic floor dysfunction
- Functional Capacity Evaluations/Assessments (FCE or FCA)
- An FCE evaluates an individual’s capacity to participate in work activities. It consists of a battery of objective tests that physicians and insurance companies then use to determine safe return to work following an injury, workman’s compensation settlements, disability status, and needs for vocational rehabilitation.
- Ergonomic Evaluations
- Proper work station set up to decrease repetitive stress and strain
- Workman’s Compensation Injuries/Work Conditioning
- Lift Tests/Pre-work Screens
- Vertigo, BPPV, inner ear dysfunction
- Our therapist has the option of using Frenzel Goggles in the evaluation of patient’s with vestibular disorders. These goggles have a magnifying glass combined with a lighting system which takes away the patient’s ability to focus in a darkened room and allows the therapist to see the patient’s eyes. The therapist is looking for nystagmus (involuntary eye movement) and the direction and rotation of this eye movement for better diagnosis and treatment of the vestibular disorder.
- Provided at the pool at the Montrose Rec District
Temporal Mandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ)
- Outpatient and inpatient wound care and infection control whether from a surgery or injury to the skin and tissues. We have a wound clinic located in the Center for Wellness with Dr. Sarah Judkins consulting with the PTs as needed.
- Trigger Point Dry Needling is used to treat muscle spasm and tension following an injury to the tissue from repetitive use or trauma. Inflammation is a result of injury and the muscles start guarding and tensing up to protect the surrounding areas. The solid, dry needles are placed in a painful knotted muscle which causes a twitch reaction which is the first step in breaking the pain cycle.
- Trigger Point Dry Needling FAQs
- The HIVAMAT 200 is an electrostatic treatment that is done in combination with manual lymphatic drainage. It uses an intermittent electrostatic field that causes vibration in different frequencies that more effectively treats lymphedema, swelling caused by an injury to the lymphatic system. It also helps with pain, spasm, scars, & inflammation.
- We are 1 of 2 clinics on the western slope of Colorado using this system with great success in treatment.
Patient and Family Education
Pediatric Services (infants through teens):
Childhood diseases/congenital anomalies/traumatic injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Spina Bifida
Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Down Syndrome and many others
AFO-Ankle Foot Orthotics and Prosthetics training
Orthopedic clinic for wheelchair and bracing needs